- Type: Full-Time
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 1120 20th Street NW Suite 550 Washington, DC 20036
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019
The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission is to foster excellence in philanthropy, protect philanthropic freedom, help donors achieve their philanthropic intent, and help donors advance liberty, opportunity, and personal responsibility in the United States and abroad. The Roundtable currently assists over 600 members, primarily foundations and generous families.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Director of Finance and HR and serves as the primary assistant and project coordinator for the Roundtable’s President and, in this capacity, serves as scheduler overseeing the president’s day-to-day calendar, correspondence, and travel. The position works in concert with the President and other staff to ensure that presidential travel advances the mission of The Philanthropy Roundtable with our key constituents. Work in this and other capacities include overseeing and drafting correspondence, preparing monthly expense reports, record keeping on donor interactions, conducting research on donors and philanthropic initiatives, and preparing reports. Annual work includes planning, managing, and conducting the nomination and selection process of the William E. Simon Prize for Philanthropic Leadership.
- Create and maintain schedule for President’s meetings, including events, itineraries, donor visits, etc.
- Schedule all internal/external meetings and calls.
- Anticipate and alert staff and others to potential schedule conflicts; facilitate resolution.
- Assist President in balancing scheduling with goals and priorities.
- Proactively ensure President is on time for appointments.
- Prioritize, track, and respond to invitations and meeting requests; coordinate with other staff members when needed; review invitations and meeting requests with President on a daily or weekly basis.
- Organize presidential travel to and from meetings
- Coordinate all travel arrangements (air and ground).
- Conduct research for President’s travel and prepare briefing documents, ensuring that all necessary information is included.
- Follow up post-travel to ensure that donor meeting notes are written and thank-you notes sent.
- Enter meeting notes and other necessary information in database.
- Oversee and draft correspondence.
- Assist in managing presidential action items .
- Data entry in database.
- Complete monthly expense report.
- Conduct donor research.
- Manage Simon Prize process.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: At least two years of work experience preferably as an executive assistant or scheduler
Computer: Strong computer skills; proficient in MS Office, Outlook, and database systems (i.e. D365, Salesforce, or RaisersEdge)
- Understand and support The Philanthropy Roundtable’s mission and vision.
- Ability to collaborate well with all staff members to complete projects.
- Ability to take initiative on projects and keep close track of presidential action items.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective phone communications.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Capacity to juggle multiple projects at once.
- High degree of professionalism and respect for confidentiality.
- Characteristics of confidence, cheerfulness, tact, trustworthiness, and flexibility.
- Position travels less than 5%, is not eligible for remote work, and is located in downtown Washington, DC.
How to apply
Applicants please send cover letter with salary requirement, resume, and writing sample to Suzi Marchena at firstname.lastname@example.org.