- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Communications, Government Affairs, Outreach, Policy
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2019
Pacific Legal Foundation — the nation’s first and most successful public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating individual liberty — seeks an experienced and committed Coalitions Manager to join the outreach team at PLF, developing strategic coalitions and partnerships that advance PLF’s legal, legislative, administrative, and public education goals.
The outreach team is a new capability, part of PLF’s strategic plan to define the next generation public interest law firm. Reporting to the Outreach Director, Rachel Swaffer, the Coalitions Manager is responsible for developing and executing a strategic plan that promotes PLF’s cutting edge litigation and policy goals, working with groups and individuals on issues ranging from city councils to the U.S. Supreme Court. In addition, the Coalitions Manager will work with multiple internal stakeholders and external partners, identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for PLF to contribute to the national conversation with our vast areas of expertise.
- Managing coalitions for specific cases, including:
- Assembling case coalition briefs and reports.
- Maintaining coalition member lists and correspondence.
- Triggering case-specific outreach activity, including briefings and events.
- Overseeing internal information management, coordination, and process integration, including metrics and reporting.
- Collaborating with litigation, legal policy, marketing, and media departments to identify and promote PLF content among key audiences.
- Managing PLF Speakers Bureau, including:
- Identifying and pitching PLF staff for strategic speaking opportunities.
- Tracking and reporting PLF speaking activity.
- Working with the media team to assemble and maintain a list of available PLF experts.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key coalition contacts.
- Promoting PLF at meetings, events, and conferences.
- 3-5 years of experience in outreach, external affairs, government affairs, or similar.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- The ability to work quickly and meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to coordinate between multiple stakeholders (internal and external) and juggle multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the liberty movement and demonstrated interest in contemporary policy discussions.
- A commitment to excellence.
- Grace under pressure.
- Public speaking experience (strongly preferred).
PLF identifies and litigates important legal issues to set landmark precedent that will benefit Americans nationwide. Using strategic and principled litigation, communications, and research, we battle for freedom in the nation’s courts and the court of public opinion. Our attorneys have nine victories before the US Supreme Court — a record unmatched by anyone in the liberty movement — plus additional cases currently before the High Court with decisions pending. Simply put, PLF knows how to get cases to the Supreme Court and how to win.
If you share our passion to vindicate the principles of freedom and individual liberty, you should be a part of PLF, no matter where you live. A national nonprofit organization, PLF has offices in Sacramento, California; Arlington, Virginia; Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; and Bellevue, Washington. PLF prefers that this position work from Arlington, Virginia, but the right candidates will have the ability to work in one of these existing locations or elsewhere — virtually or from a physical office.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
If you think you might be a good fit, submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- A resume that includes your experience in the liberty movement and relevant professional experience.
- A cover letter explaining why PLF is the right place for you, why you want to fight for liberty, and what distinguishes you from typical applicants.
- Materials should be emailed to Dawn Gonzales, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
This is a full-time, permanent position. PLF is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality talent available nationwide, and PLF offers a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid retirement savings. PLF takes work-life balance seriously through generous paid leave and flextime policies. The organization has a flexible, collaborative, positive, and collegial work environment. PLF takes pride in investing in your future and encourage internal advancement. It is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power. Join us.