- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
Pacific Legal Foundation (PLF)—the nation’s first and most successful public interest law firm dedicated to vindicating individual liberty—seeks a project manager to shepherd the creation of visual content that engages and activates PLF’s audiences.
If you are excited by the power of visual storytelling to inspire new audiences and know how to finish projects you start, this is the role for you.
- Conceptualizing and managing projects in graphic design, podcast, photography, and video production to promote our cases
- Choosing visuals for blog posts, case pages and PLF’s quarterly magazine, Sword & Scales
- Innovating upon existing asset library, finding opportunities to reimagine and re-publish videos, blog posts and op-eds
- Living and breathing social media trends for content creation (i.e. how to optimize for mobile)
- Updating and maintaining an editorial calendar with the multimedia content PLF produces
- Managing contractors, such as videographers, designers and PLFs social media copywriter
This role reports to the Creative Manager, Joseph Kast, and works with creative producers and writers to get projects done. This role also interfaces with the Media and Digital teams to syndicate content in different channels.
- Solid experience with project management, ideally in a creative role
- An aptitude for telling stories through visuals
- An understanding of current trends in social media
- Experience with content marketing is a plus, but not required
- Basic skills in graphic design and image editing are a plus, but not required
If you share our passion to vindicate the principles of freedom and individual liberty, you should be a part of PLF, no matter where you live. A national nonprofit organization, PLF has offices in Sacramento, California; Arlington, Virginia; Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; and Bellevue, Washington. PLF prefers that you work from Arlington, Virginia, but the right candidates will have the ability to work in one of these existing locations or elsewhere—virtually or from a physical office.
This is a full-time, permanent position. PLF is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality talent available nationwide, and offers a total compensation package that includes a competitive salary, medical and dental insurance, and employer-paid retirement savings. PLF takes work-life balance seriously through generous paid leave and flextime policies. The organization has a flexible, collaborative, positive, and collegial work environment. PLF takes pride in investing in your future and encourage internal advancement. It is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in positively shaping the future of our country and restoring real limits on government power.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Applicants must submit a résumé and cover letter. The résumé should include your experience in the liberty movement, your professional experience, as well as your academic credentials. The cover letter should explain why PLF is the place for you, why you want to fight for liberty, and what distinguishes you from typical applicants.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF:
- Cover letter detailing your sincere interest in this position and PLF.
- Examples of your creative work or a link to your reel/portfolio.
- In your email, please include “Visual Project Manager–[Your Name]” in the subject line and indicate your compensation requirements.
- Materials should be emailed to Dawn Gonzales, Director of Human Resources: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.