- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Communications, Development, Outreach, Policy
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) seeking a full-time or part-time position to conduct research and communications efforts dealing with a host of regulatory and legislative issue affecting consumers and the market economy. The position will be based in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, although remote reporting and telecommuting may be permissible.
Policy Research and Analysis (40%):
- Conduct policy research, collect and analyze data, and then examine and develop thoughtful policy analyses on a wide variety of key issues – notably technology policy;
- Perform ad hoc research related to current events and special topics;
- Occasionally, attend and participate in coalition meetings, events and panels, hearings, and media events.
- Produce and disseminate policy and research papers, ConsumerGrams and op-eds related to policy research and analysis.
Public Affairs and Communications (10%)
- Use online tools and social media to promote and disseminate research to media, consumers, stakeholders, and policymakers; and to assist in research proposals and foundation programs.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in public policy, government relations, economic research, or related field;
- Understanding principles of economics and business research;
- Master’s degree preferred but not required;
- Commitment to the free-market principles;
- The ability to handle multiple projects in a timely fashion; and
- Excellent writing and communications skills required.
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan;
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience; and
- Growth and increased responsibilities based on candidate’s ability to master complex policy issues.
1701 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Suite 200 Washington, DC 20006, but temporarily allowing remote reporting.
ACI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market. The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF format with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your experience, interest in full time or part time employment, your salary requirements, and availability to start;
- Resumé; and
- Writing sample(s).
Please include “Policy Analyst” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed to Steve Pociask at email@example.com.
Hiring decisions will be made by the end of 2020, if not sooner, depending on needs.