- Type: Full-Time
- Location: 4350 Fairfax Drive Suite 725 Arlington, VA 22203
4350 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203
The American Consumer Institute Center for Citizen Research (ACI) seeking several full-time positions (Policy Analysts and Policy Managers) to lead research and communications efforts dealing with a host of regulatory and legislative issue affecting consumers and the market economy. The position will be based in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, although occasional telecommunicating is permissible.
ACI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational and research institute with a mission to promote economic welfare by improving the understanding and impact that public policies and regulations have on consumers in a free market. The Institute focuses on policy issues that affect society as a whole, and we seek to be a better and more reasoned voice for consumers by using economic tools and principles to find public policies that work best for consumers. More information about ACI is available online.
Policy Research and Analysis (40%):
- Conduct policy research, collect and analyze data, and then examine and develop thoughtful policy analyses on a wide variety of key issues;
- Perform ad hoc research related to current events;
- Attend and participate in coalition meetings, events and panels; and
- Disseminate analyses by though social media, outreach, testimony, external presentations and media appearances.
- Produce and disseminate policy and research papers, ConsumerGrams and op-eds.
Public Affairs and Grant Proposals (20%)
- Use online tools and social media to reach the media, supporters, stakeholders and policymaker; assist in research proposals and development of foundation programs.
- 0 to 5 years of experience in public policy, government relations, economic research or related field
- Understanding principles of economics and business research
- Master’s degree preferred but not required
- Commitment to the free-market principles
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Health, dental, vision, and retirement savings plan
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience
- Growth and increased responsibilities based on candidate’s ability to master complex policy issues
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in PDF format with your name in the file:
- Cover letter detailing your experience, interest in full time or part time employment, your salary requirements, and availability to start;
- Resumé; and
- Writing sample(s).
Please include “Policy Analyst/Manager” in the subject line of your email. Materials should be emailed to Steve Pociask at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hiring decisions may be made at any time in 2022, but no later than the end of December 2022.