- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: CEOs
- Location: 4800 Six Forks Rd. Suite 220 Raleigh, NC 27609
The President/CEO will continue to build on the strong foundation of The John Locke Foundation. This role will focus heavily on the expansion of JLF both internally and externally. This individual will work alongside a talented team and will guide the overall strategy. This individual will work to expand the reach of the organization by cultivating current and prospective donors and speaking to key policymakers and community leaders. He or She will also represent JLF at public events, meetings, and media appearances. This individual will work to engage with communities outside of Raleigh, including Charlotte and Greensboro among others, to ensure that JLF is making an impact throughout the state of North Carolina.
- Serve as the primary visionary and ambassador of JLF.
- Grow the organization to 5+ million in size through expanding the development team and personally attracting and retaining the financial support of high net-worth individuals and other donors.
- Expand the footprint of the organization to raise awareness outside of Raleigh to other regions of North Carolina.
- Work alongside Board of Directors to develop and implement a new growth-oriented strategic plan.
- Continue to leverage the influence of the Carolina Journal.
- Direct and develop staff to ensure the overall strategy is being carried out.
- Work to cultivate an informed, intellectually rigorous, and respective dialogue within the organization and across the political landscape.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree a plus.
- 7-10+ years of leadership experience within a non-profit or think tank or comparable experience in a for-profit, public, or political sector.
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising with proven results.
- Passion and conviction for individual liberty, free markets, and limited constitutional government.
- Ability to communicate effectively by spoken or written word to prospective donors, to external audiences, and within JLF itself.
- Decisiveness while considering multiple ideas and viewpoints.
- Creatively work to expand brand awareness across North Carolina communities.
- Previous experience in strategic planning both long-term and short-term.
Benefits and Compensation
Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package including Health, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, Life Insurance, SIMPLE IRA, and PTO.
About the John Locke Foundation
The John Locke Foundation was created in 1990 as an independent, nonprofit think tank that would work “for truth, for freedom, and for the future of North Carolina.” The Foundation is named for John Locke (1632-1704), an English philosopher whose writings inspired Thomas Jefferson and the other Founders. The John Locke Foundation seeks to advance their vision of North Carolina as a state of responsible citizens, strong families, and successful communities committed to individual liberty and limited, constitutional government.
The John Locke Foundation employs research, journalism, and outreach programs to transform government by applying the principles of competition, innovation, personal freedom, and personal responsibility such issues as fiscal policy, regulation, education, health care, and transportation. JLF seeks a better balance between the public sector and private institutions of family, faith, community, and enterprise. JLF currently has 24 employees working from its headquarters in the state capital, Raleigh, as well as a number of other contractors and freelancers.
How to apply
FireSeeds is the recruiting firm partnered with The John Locke Foundation. Please apply here.