- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2018
The Web Specialist position is responsible for designing and building out amazing user experiences on Prison Fellowship digital properties. This includes bringing new digital content from the design phase all the way through to completed development. Responsibilities include conceptualizing original website design ideas based on proven UI/UX best practices, creating high and low-fidelity wireframes and mockups, developing responsively designed web content, email templates, and landing pages, and optimizing digital properties for maximum performance and scalability. Also includes proposing new features to augment site functionality and usability and assisting with general maintenance of the website platform.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to implement the digital components of the content marketing and overall website strategy. Includes regular updates and maintenance of website content for accuracy, recommending and creating new website components and content that improve functionality and overall user experience, and optimizing digital properties for maximum performance and scalability.
- Support Marketing campaign strategy by collaborating with the Director of Marketing on digital requirements and components. Includes conceptualizing landing page creation based on proven UI/UX best practices for lead conversion and retention, creating high and low-fidelity wireframes and mockups, and facilitating discussions on design revisions. Also includes taking design concepts into development, and creating wellcoded, responsive, landing pages within the website CMS (WordPress).
- Collaborate with IT and Web Server Provider to oversee the continued day-to-day operation of the Prison Fellowship website and other related properties. Troubleshoot technical issues. Assist in maintenance of the website infrastructure, including purchase of domains and DNS setup. Routine testing and implementation of new CMS and plugin updates, including maintenance of Prison Fellowship beta testing environment. Limited server maintenance.
- Support Marketing communication efforts by designing and developing responsive, cross-platform tested, email templates for regular scheduled emails and automated email processes. Cross-train on email service functionality.
- Minimum years of relevant experience: 2-3 years’ experience in web development and/or website design
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Knowledge areas: Web design and UI development principles, including responsive design, and presenting design work through wireframes and mockups; Web development, including coding for performance, crossplatform and cross-browser compatibility; Website Testing Methodology; Email Testing Methodology; Website Infrastructure (Server, DNS, etc.); Principles of data and information taxonomy; Databases; CMS Infrastructure. Experience solving technical problems creatively and effectively. Basic digital marketing principles.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Percentage of travel required: <5%
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Satisfactory criminal background check (all positions).
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Click “Apply” below for application details.