- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Government Affairs, Outreach, Policy
- Location: 1730 M Street NW Suite 600 Washington, DC 20036
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
The Program Associate for Trustee & Government Affairs advances the American Council of Trustees and Alumni (ACTA)’s core values of academic excellence, academic freedom, and accountability by assisting the Vice President of Trustee & Government Affairs in maintaining ACTA’s national network of trustees and elected officials and improving ACTA’s communications with those audiences.
Specifically, the Program Associate performs the following tasks:
- Ensuring quality control of ACTA’s database of college and university trustees, assisting with database administration on an as-needed basis; overseeing database work of interns and outside contractors.
- Managing the department’s direct mail campaigns, including serving as the department’s primary point of contact with ACTA’s mailhouse vendor, facilitating department mass mailings, and responding to resource requests from constituents.
- Monitoring constituent developments and communications, and advising the Program Officer for Trustee & Government Outreach of opportunities to expand trustee and other stakeholder relationships.
- Overseeing the infrastructure for the organization of departmental institutional knowledge, and preparing reports based on such information for the Vice President of Trustee & Government Affairs.
- Providing research, logistical, and operational support to departmental initiatives including targeted mailings, trustee publications, events, and ACTA’s board services.
- Serving as departmental liaison to external parties, e.g., vendors, publishers, etc., on an as-needed basis.
The Program Associate must approach these tasks as an entrepreneurial enterprise, requiring an understanding of and proactive approach to ACTA’s program activities. The Program Associate is expected to be personable, dynamic, well-organized, highly motivated, and principled, and to act with the highest degree of personal responsibility, accountability, and honesty.
How to apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Nick Bratvold at email@example.com.