- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Policy
- Location: 901 N. Glebe Road, Suite 900 Arlington, VA 22203
- Application Deadline: October 30, 2020
The Institute for Justice, the National Law Firm for Liberty, is seeking an entry-level Research Assistant at its headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, to help prepare the third edition of our groundbreaking occupational licensing study License to Work.
Cited by the White House and hundreds of news and scholarly articles nationwide, License to Work is the leading publication documenting state barriers to work for lower-income workers and entrepreneurs. IJ’s Strategic Research team prepares the report, and the Research Assistant plays a vital role by gathering, organizing and helping to analyze data on licensing regulations. The Research Assistant also collaborates with the research and communications teams to publish and promote the final report and may help the research team with other projects.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the social sciences
- Experience collecting original data, preferably data gathered from state laws and regulations
- Superior attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Excel
- Persistence and good judgment in soliciting information and data from state and non-profit agencies through phone calls, emails and formal requests
- Ability to follow instructions and ask for clarification where needed
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently on detailed research tasks for long stretches of time while meeting deadlines, as well as ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Passion for economic liberty and occupational licensing reform
IJ offers superior benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement benefits and generous paid leave.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample by clicking here.