- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Location: 1212 New York Ave NW Suite 900 Washington, DC 20005
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2019
The R Street Institute—a free-market think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C., with regional offices across the country—seeks an energetic Senior Manager of Business Development to support business development functions within the Operations team. If you are the right fit, you will report to the Director of Business Development. If you want to join an energetic organization and do something extraordinary, this may be just the opportunity you need.
Your typical day at R Street may include researching prospective donors for the National Security and Cybersecurity program, reviewing proposals or preparing our executives for meetings with potential donors. This person will be a member of the Business Development team and will be responsible for implementing a fundraising strategy for all our policy programs, with a particular focus on attracting and retaining corporate donors.
- Working closely with the Business Development and Policy teams to create a healthy pipeline of corporate donors for all program areas.
- Working with existing donors to ensure they are receiving a positive ROI.
- Bolstering internal capacity to demonstrate measurable impact and creating strategies to grow existing relationships.
Other aspects of this role:
- Researching potential donors that align with each policy program’s priorities.
- Reviewing and editing proposals before submission.
- Meeting with new and current donors.
- Working with other teams within R Street, such as Communications and Government Affairs, to accomplish set goals.
- Collaborating with policy directors on policy priorities and initiatives that are unique and that will attract support from a wide range of private sector entities.
- Creating a strategy for donor retention around programs such as National Security and Cybersecurity; Technology and Innovation; and Finance, Insurance and Trade.
- Exceptional analytical and communications skills with an ability to synthesize complex information quickly and explain concepts clearly and concisely.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a strong team orientation.
- Ability to serve effectively in a cross-functional role, working simultaneously with several different R Street organizational units.
- A self-starter with excellent attention to detail and an ability to manage effectively competing interests and priorities.
- A proven track record of managing a healthy fundraising pipeline that achieved an organization’s revenue goals, preferably with corporate donors.
- Working with a CRM (Salesforce preferred).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of work experience.
- A passion for free markets and limited, effective government.
- A sense of humor and a desire to grow with a dynamic organization.
This is a full-time job based in Washington, D.C. and requires a daily presence in our office. R Street is growing rapidly, but remains a close-knit team.
Compensation & benefits
R Street strives to provide a compensation package superior to those at other think tanks and nonprofits. In addition to a competitive salary, the organization provides a health insurance option entirely paid by the employer (even for families); a wellness benefit; an employer-subsidized mobile phones benefit; 401(k) contributions with up to a 4% match; and an exceptionally generous vacation policy.
R Street does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, era of military service, gender identity, relationship structure or anything else that’s illegal, immoral, or inappropriate to use as a basis for hiring.
R Street currently plans to accept applications for this job until filled. The organization will contact ideal individuals for telephone interviews and conduct them on a rolling basis. In-person interviews will take place in R Street’s DC office.
How to apply
Please upload a cover letter and resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format by clicking “Apply” below.