- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Litigation
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Liberty Justice Center, a national public interest law firm, is seeking to grow its team of constitutional litigators. LJC seeks a Senior Attorney with 5 to 10 years of litigation experience to join our team of lawyers who fight to protect constitutional rights and individual liberty. The firm is well known for its victory in the 2018 US Supreme Court case Janus v. AFSCME and has undergone tremendous growth since that landmark win. It seeks attorneys who will bring precedent-setting cases in the areas of workers’ rights cases related to government unions and the Janus ruling, school choice, free speech, economic liberty, campaign finance reform, election integrity, nondelegation doctrine, and executive overreach.
- Present new case ideas and seizing litigation opportunities, sometimes in very short order;
- Support other attorneys on cases and providing strategic insight on other attorneys’ work in our very collaborative team environment;
- Manage cases from top to bottom, which includes working with colleagues during the ideation process, speaking with prospective clients, researching and drafting cases as they are being strategized and prepared, working with colleagues on case launches and handling cases as they move through the courts; and
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization when appropriate, among other tasks.
The culture of Liberty Justice Center is highly entrepreneurial, and senior attorneys are expected to embody and promote this trait among the staff. Experience working on cases in the federal courts, specifically the appellate courts, is desired. At times, the Senior Attorney will also be expected to write articles for lay audiences and speak about the organization’s work in the media or at branded speaking engagements.
Candidates must understand, and be committed to the mission of the Liberty Justice Center and our litigation approach.
Salary and Benefits
LJC offers its employees competitive salaries, performance-based bonuses, health, and dental insurance, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
This is a fully remote role and can be done anywhere in the United States.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Please send a resume and writing sample for consideration.