- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Government Affairs, Policy
- Location: 44180 Riverside Parkway Lansdowne, VA 20176
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2019
Want to make a difference? Join an organization that has been transforming lives for over 40 years!
Prison Fellowship® trains and inspires churches and communities—inside and outside of prison—to support the restoration of those affected by incarceration. We equip correctional leaders, volunteers, and incarcerated men and women to make prisons more rehabilitative places; we advocate for a more restorative criminal justice system; and we collaborate with churches and local service providers to support former prisoners, their families, and their communities.
We are looking for a driven and mission-focused Senior Legislative Analyst to track legislation in multiple jurisdictions in order to maintain Prison Fellowship’s influence among federal/state policymakers and national coalition partners and help advance PF’s federal and state agendas and national initiatives. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of basic principles of the Christian faith, 3+ years of public policy or justice system experience, preferably at the federal level. Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree in public policy or juris doctorate degree preferred.
- Proven ability to track legislation in multiple jurisdictions, interact with the legislative process, and communicate effectively with executive level decision makers both internally and externally.
- Experience working with a state or federal Member preferred.
- Strong bill tracking, critical thinking, and analytical skills a must.
- Excellent writing skills to develop policy materials including one-pagers for key stakeholders, testimony, talking points, website content, and emails.
Benefits and Compensation
A team oriented, mission driven, supportive environment with cutting edge technology solutions and tremendous opportunity for growth and development. Our outstanding benefits package includes paid leave starting at 39 days (14 holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days), retirement account funding, and much more!
How to apply
If interested in this position, please apply here.