- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Policy
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: 901 Congress Avenue Austin, TX 78701
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
The Texas Public Policy Foundation (TPPF) is seeking a Senior Policy Analyst for the Next Generation Texas campaign with a focus on K-12 education. Next Generation Texas campaign seeks to empower individuals and families to pursue lifelong learning, working on K-12 through higher education policy.
This position will engage in research, writing, legislative education, and public and media communications on education issues. The ideal candidate will be a passionate, entrepreneurial, highly motivated self-starter with experience in education policy reform. This person will report to the Policy Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively communicating the Foundation’s policy recommendations to key stakeholders, including legislators, their staff, and the media
- Monitoring and testifying before various legislative committees and state agencies
- Researching, analyzing, and making recommendations on the Foundation’s policy issues
- Working with allied organizations
- Writing policy briefs, perspectives, research studies, commentaries, testimonies, and blog postings
- Preparing press releases and statements for distribution as needed and conducting media interviews on behalf of the Foundation’s education issues
- Proficiency in charter school policy will be favorably considered
- A significant level of relevant legislative and policy experience; three to five years preferred
- Ability to effectively research and advocate the Foundation’s conservative free-market principles
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate studies helpful
- Excellent research, writing, editing, and public presentation skills
- Experience and proficiency in interacting with legislators, media, stakeholders, and the public
- Experience with basic software applications such as those in the Microsoft Office suite
The Texas Public Policy Foundation is a non-profit, non-partisan research institute offering competitive salaries and benefits to qualified candidates.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.
How to apply
Please send cover letter, references, resume, salary range and a writing sample to:
Jennifer Carter, Director of Talent and Culture, firstname.lastname@example.org