- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: August 3, 2019
Washington Policy Center (WPC) is a non-profit, independent, public policy think tank that works to improve the lives of Washington state’s citizens by providing accurate, high-quality and innovative solutions for policymakers, the media and the general public. We have a staff of 20, an annual budget of over $3.9 million, and offices located in Seattle, Olympia and Eastern Washington. We hold approximately 50 events per year ranging from exclusive gatherings of 15-30 people to conferences and lunches for 200- 500 and our annual fundraising gala, the Annual Dinner, with over 2,500 attendees statewide.
The new Social Media Coordinator position offers a great opportunity to gain valuable communications experience in a high-profile non-profit environment. It is ideal for someone with 1-3 years’ experience in marketing or communications. The Social Media Coordinator works closely with, assists, and reports to the Communications Director, and also works with the Young Professionals Coordinator, the Development Manager, and the President of the organization. This position is responsible for updating WPC social media outlets, creating and posting social media material based on WPC research and positions, expanding social media audiences and platforms, and posting material to the organization’s website. In addition, this position will aid in other web and podcast posting duties and media campaigns as well as track key social media metrics for quarterly reports. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) preferably based in our Seattle office.
- Plan and execute Washington Policy Center’s strategic communications efforts as directed by the Communications Director and President
- Coordinate and help execute marketing and media plans as needed
- Cultivate effective relationships with social media influencers and WPC followers
- Create social media content based on WPC research and/or policy positions
- Optimize social media content for each social platform
- Grow social media audiences on our Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts and expand our social media platforms.
- Post podcast and post materials to WPC website as needed.
- Work with staff to ensure that communications coordinates fit short and long-term organization goals and that all materials reflect WPC’s quality standards and mission
- Improve WPC’s overall online presence
- Experience (1 –3 years) in marketing/communications and engaging online audiences
- Understand and support WPC’s mission to promote free-market solutions through research and education in Washington state
- High level of organization and attention to detail and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Interest in working in an ever-changing environment with the commitment to grow rapidly and desire to work hard to create new and outstanding results
- Ability to interact well with staff, donors, and guests in-person and via email and over the phone
- Must exhibit sound judgment in confidential matters
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- The ability to read and write proficiently in English (fluency in Spanish is a bonus)
- Ability to write engaging content
- Video skills for content creation a plus
- Compensation: DOE, 90% employer-paid health (medical/dental/vision) insurance
- 401K retirement: eligible after first year, matching vests after second year
- Vacation: 2 weeks paid (after 3 months), 11 paid holidays a year
This position has a preferred start date of August 5.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to David Boze, Communications Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “SMC POSITION.”
Cover letters should include the following:
- Work experience and why you are a good fit for the position
- Available start date
- Salary requirements