- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: Rosslyn, VA
- Application Deadline: May 3, 2019
State Policy Network is seeking a Development Associate to join our fast-paced development team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with an interest in advancing their organizational skills and fundraising experience while learning more about the state-based free market think tank network.
The Development Associate will work directly with our Associate Director of Advancement to assist with efforts to; create personalized mailings to donors, gift entry, database management and supporting the development team with projects and fundraising campaigns.
- Open and manage incoming mail by following SPN’s receiving and recording process
- Ensure that gifts are entered into Salesforce and batched properly and accurately
- Identify, scan and email important grant notification letters to Associate Director of Advancement
- Generate, print and mail acknowledgement letters through mail merge
- Manage donor suppression list
- Generate lists from Salesforce for mailings as needed
- Support the Development team with personalized mailings to donors
- Handle distribution (mailing/shipping) of materials such as letterhead to Development team members
- Update mailing addresses for existing donors; search for new addresses
- Assist with database clean-up projects within Salesforce as assigned by the Associate Director of Development
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to reflect SPN brand to both internal and external customers.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
- Team player with upbeat personality
- A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Experience with membership driven and/or non-profit organization
- Understanding of gift caging process
- Salesforce experience (or another CRM)
- Development/Fundraising experience or experience working in a CRM
How to apply
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials by clicking “Apply” below.
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission and compensation requirements.
Questions can be addressed by Denise Stevenson: Stevenson@spn.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. SPN is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.