- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Development
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: September 1, 2019
State Policy Network is seeking a Development Officer to join our team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with an interest in growing long term, sustainable relationships with major donors.
The Development Officer will report directly to our Senior Director of Development. The Development Officer’s role advances SPN’s mission and strategic objectives by working closely with donors to align the donors’ goals with SPN’s mission.
The Development Officer can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA, headquarters or in a virtual office. This is a full-time position that includes 50% travel.
- Manage a major gifts portfolio: Responsible for developing and managing a successful moves management strategy for your portfolio of 75+/- prospects with the capacity to make gifts of $50K and over. Territory may be nationwide.
- Increase SPN’s fundraising capacity through the successful qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals having the capacity to make gifts of $50K and over.
- Build and advance strong personal and professional relationships with current donors and prospects that result in philanthropic contributions.
- Work independently and creatively to match donor interests with institutional priorities.
- Develop funding proposals and structure complex gifts, including planned gifts.
- Prepare briefings, stewardship plans/letters and other correspondence for prospects, collaborating with staff as needed.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of SPN’s funding priorities.
- 5-7+ years of experience, including at least two years in fundraising (SPN may consider a very talented but less experienced candidate).
- Preferred experience in the free market but not required.
- Strongly prefer experience closing major gifts ($50,000+).
- Strong interest in having a role that will further State Policy Network’s mission and impact.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic.
- Team player.
- Strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively.
- Strong analytical skills, outstanding organizational skills and superb attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Advanced Excel or database experience helpful.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner; exhibit grace under pressure.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission, salary requirements, location preference, and travel availability.
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link.
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.