- Type: Full-Time
- Contact: Stevenson@spn.org
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2019
State Policy Network is seeking an Event Manager to join our fast-paced, growing events team. This position is ideal for a pro-liberty, entrepreneurial candidate with an interest in gaining valuable event planning experience and learning more about the state-based free market think tank network.
The Event Manager will work directly with SPN’s Senior Director of Event Strategy on event preparation, planning, and on-site execution for multiple events. The Event Manager will also assist with SPN’s Annual Meeting, which is one of the largest, premiere events in the Liberty Network, with over 1,300 attendees.
The Event Manager’s role advances SPN’s mission and strategic objectives by planning events that communicate SPN’s key priorities and training and build stronger relationships with SPN’s constituents. This position will require management of the event from concept to completion. The Event Manager can be based in SPN’s Arlington, VA, headquarters or in a virtual office.
- Develop and drive event strategy for each assigned programmatic event. For each event, develop key objectives, measurable goals and target audience to further advance organization mission.
- Ensure brand consistency of SPN and high-quality execution of each organization event.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to reflect SPN brand to both internal and external customers.
- Drive overall event execution timeline, including all event-related activities from logistics (including food/beverage needs, travel and venue) to marketing timeline and program development.
- Track event performance and metrics to evaluate event effectiveness.
- Calculate, track, and report event budget. Recommend adjustments as necessary throughout planning process to ensure event effectiveness and adjustments that may need to be made to achieve event goals.
- Maintain and develop key vendor relationships in coordination with other event team members.
- Provide logistical support and coordination for SPN’s Annual Meeting.
- 3-5 years of experience, including lead management experience in event planning.
- Strong interest in having a role that will further State Policy Network’s mission and impact.
- Problem-solving and management in time-sensitive situations.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic.
- Team player with upbeat personality.
- A strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects effectively.
- Extensive logistical expertise.
- Registration and communications best practices with a high degree of customer service level commitment. (Experience with event registration platforms, including Cvent, is preferred).
- Venue and vendor sourcing and management.
- Contract negotiation skills and experience.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, Power Point, Word, Salesforce and cloud-sharing programs.
- Understanding of social media in event settings.
This is a full-time position that includes travel (35%).
Some events will require on-site execution that will occur outside of normal business hours.
Arlington, VA, or virtual.
About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network was founded to support the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial network of state think tanks including 65 independent state think tank affiliates and over 90 associate partners. SPN works side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored with high performing independent think tanks. We do this by:
- Incubating think tanks and accelerating their development through strategic planning, training, and coaching;
- Connecting talented state leaders so they can learn, challenge, and grow together, with the aim of cultivating state solutions that collectively yield national impact; and,
- Defending the 50-state think tank network by disseminating best practices, critical resources when members are attacked, and fighting assaults on free speech and donor privacy.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
• Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission, compensation requirements and travel availability.
Materials should be emailed to Denise Stevenson at email@example.com.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. SPN is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.