- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Location: Rosslyn, VA
- Application Deadline: August 2, 2019
SPN is need of an Office Manager based in our Arlington, VA office. This position is not eligible for remote work. The ideal candidate is experienced in anticipating and meeting the needs of a small office, remote staff, and our external partners.
You might be ideal for this role if you:
- enjoy helping others accomplish their goals.
- excel at customer service both internally and externally.
- have the detail orientation and numbers savvy to run our invoice processing and revenue handling processes without error.
- are comfortable working without constant supervision.
- can set-up and maintain processes that improve the work life of your coworkers.
Physical office management – 40%
- Create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
- Manage procurement and inventory tracking of office supplies, stationary and equipment.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of onsite data.
- Responsible for implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Ensure that the physical security of the office is maintained at all times and staff are educated and trained on all security measures.
- Manage and update physical and electronic file sharing systems.
Remote staff support – 10%
- Handle supply orders and other periodic needs of our staff working from home across the country.
- Assist with coordinating IT issues. This role does not need technical skills, we have IT support for that.
- Handle expense reports for select executive staff.
Revenue Handling – 20%
- Partner with development and finance to ensure all mail is opened, processed, and deposited per standard operating procedures.
Invoice and Reimbursement Handling – 20%
- Manage the receipt and flow of invoices through the bill pay system.
- Assist staff and vendors with invoice payment status.
Event team support – 8%
- Logistical support to events held in the SPN offices. This includes meals, room set-up, and A/V support.
- Organize and maintain conference room scheduling and equipment.
Vendor Management – 2%
- Ensure all operations related vendors are paid on time and correctly per contractual agreements.
- Minimum of 3 years’ office/administrative experience, ideally in a nonprofit setting.
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent telephone manner, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate and proactively adjust when needed.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Highly proactive, organized, and able to balance multiple tasks effectively.
- Mature attitude and professional demeanor.
- Team player who takes initiative to ensure goals are met.
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self starter, able to work effectively both independently and in a team.
About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network was founded to support the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial network of state think tanks including 64 independent state think tank affiliates and over 80 associate partners. SPN works side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored with high performing independent think tanks.
We do this by:
- Incubating think tanks and accelerating their development through strategic planning, training, and coaching;
- Connecting talented state leaders so they can learn, challenge, and grow together, with the aim of cultivating state solutions that collectively yield national impact; and
- Defending the 50-state think tank network by disseminating best practices, critical resources when members are attacked, and fighting assaults on free speech and donor privacy.
How to apply
To apply, qualified candidate should submit the following application materials by clicking “Apply” below.
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission and compensation requirements.
- In order to be considered for this position you must answer both “additional questions” on the application.
Send questions to Denise Stevenson via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those whom we can offer an interview. SPN is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applicants will be considered. No phone calls, please.