- Type: Full-Time
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: July 30, 2019
State Policy Network (SPN) seeks an entrepreneurial individual to join our team as a Program Associate.
The Program Associate will be a self-starter, flexible, and eager to learn more about and serve the state think tank network. The Program Associate will work with SPN’s program teams, which work closely with the state think tank network. The Program Associate will serve an important role in coordinating internal team projects, as well as helping to drive program measurement and reporting efforts. This position will report to the Director of Strategic Engagement.
- Provide project management support to SPN’s key programs and projects.
- Coordinate project communication and status updates between various program teams to ensure timelines are met and outcomes are achieved.
- Track progress, measurements, and outcomes on key projects to create reports for internal audiences, including SPN’s leadership team.
- Help drive the crafting of success stories and other written reports to support donor-related reporting efforts.
- Collaborate with key team members to execute SPN’s Member Stewardship Program plan, including coordinating Affiliate renewals for 60+ members.
- Conduct project research in a timely manner to help advance multi-state policy efforts.
- Support and collaborate with SPN staff on Annual Meeting programming.
- General program support as needed.
- Entrepreneurial team player willing to take initiative to ensure goals are met.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Highly proactive and organized.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Willingness to work with virtual team members.
- Familiarity with Salesforce helpful.
About State Policy Network
State Policy Network is a national nonprofit organization pursuing a vision of an America where personal freedom, innovation, opportunity, and a more peaceful society help all Americans flourish. State Policy Network was founded to support the growth of a collaborative and entrepreneurial network of state think tanks including 64 independent state think tank affiliates and over 80 associate partners. SPN works side-by-side with these leaders to catalyze thriving, durable freedom movements in every state, anchored with high performing independent think tanks. We do this by:
- Incubating think tanks and accelerating their development through strategic planning, training, and coaching;
- Connecting talented state leaders so they can learn, challenge, and grow together, with the aim of cultivating state solutions that collectively yield national impact; and,
- Defending the 50-state think tank network by disseminating best practices, critical resources when members are attacked, and fighting assaults on free speech and donor privacy.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
To apply, qualified candidate should submit the following application materials by clicking “Apply” below.
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position/SPN’s mission and compensation requirements.
Send questions to Denise Stevenson via email: email@example.com. While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those whom we can offer an interview. SPN is an equal-opportunity employer. Only direct applicants will be considered. No phone calls, please.