- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Location: 1325 G Street NW, Suite 950 Washington, DC 20005
- Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Tax Foundation seeks a hard-working, detail-oriented individual to serve as Receptionist and Operations Assistant. The Foundation is looking for a self-starter who has an interest in working in the nonprofit world, believes strongly in the Tax Foundation mission, and has the drive, attention to detail, and skill set to help keep the organization running smoothly.
- Greet TF visitors; answer, screen, and direct phone calls and mail to appropriate areas; answer routine inquiries.
- Direct and manage office administration and operation.
- Distribute mail and deliveries, facilitate outgoing shipments and mailings.
- Supplies inventory, ordering, receiving, and unpacking.
- Liaise with building management for office maintenance issues; act as office safety coordinator.
- Printing and gathering meeting materials.
- Schedule and take notes at weekly staff meetings.
- Coordinate office events and employee celebrations (birthday celebrations, summer party, holiday party, special events, etc.
- General office upkeep and appearance including but not limited to conference room clean-up; kitchen upkeep; supply closet organization; common space clean-up.
- Setting up the conference room and ordering/picking up lunch for meetings.
- Prepare agendas, invoices, memos, letters, and other documents, and distributing when appropriate.
- Other office administrative duties as assigned and requested.
- Strong ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills and good judgment.
- Solution-oriented with the ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Required proficiencies: Windows 10; Microsoft Office 2016: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Internet Explorer.
- Self-motivation and resourcefulness.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Positive, service-oriented, can-do attitude.
- Great interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all types of personalities and people from varying backgrounds.
This position is an exempt, full time position. Salary will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Benefits include HSA-based health coverage (TF provides two-thirds of the premium and deposits the amount of the deductible into the HSA), dental and vision coverage, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 12 holidays per year, 15 vacation days per year, sick leave, early release on Fridays, and a generous 401(k) retirement plan (100% match on 5%).
How to apply
Submit cover letter and resume at www.taxfoundation.org/careers. The position is open until filled. The Tax Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V