- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Operations
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2022
Freedom is at stake. Powerful government officials are continually pushing the boundaries of their authority and encroaching on the lives and liberties of everyday Americans. Lawyers are on the front lines in defense of freedom and the rule of law. We believe that iron sharpens iron, and legal strategies are refined when ideas are shared among allies. We connect litigators across organizations, providing forums and methods for them to build effective partnerships. We also leverage resources by collecting and communicating information. Our attorneys do not offer direct legal services to clients
The litigators we serve are passionately devoted to defending liberty and justice for all. We exist to help them succeed. Join us to advance a freer society where opportunity abounds, justice prevails, and the law is respected.
About the Opening
The Vice President is a new position in our growing organization. The VP will join senior leadership to expand our successful efforts and the efforts of our partners to advance freedom and the rule of law. The VP will assist the organization’s Founder/President to (1) identify new high-impact programs and strategies, (2) develop plans for executing them, (3) oversee and participate in successful execution, and (4) evaluate and report our impact to the President and investors. The VP will also help the President oversee existing programs directed by the organization’s Legal Director, such as local counsel and client searches, amicus coordination, and tracking cases in the public interest legal landscape. The VP will travel nationally to conferences and meetings and will serve as a spokesperson for the organization among friendly audiences. In addition, the VP will contribute to the diverse needs of a small and growing organization, for example by assisting with grant proposals, event planning, and General Counsel responsibilities. The VP will report directly to the President.
American Juris Link is a virtual organization and the Vice President will work virtually.
You may be a good fit for this position if you…
- Have litigation experience and a passion to advance freedom and the rule of law, but do not want to litigate.
- Believe in the value of collaboration to maximize success.
- Enjoy being the face of an organization that works behind-the-scenes.
- Want to work remotely.
- Enjoy flexible but challenging work on a small and growing team.
- Appreciate the challenges and rewards of a new and dynamic organization.
Candidates must have:
- Desire to advance freedom and the rule of law through the courts.
- The ability to recognize and articulate legal claims, defenses, and procedures common in public interest litigation.
- The ability to read, understand, and summarize legal documents.
- Bar admission and 4+ years civil litigation experience.
- Demonstrated success in leadership and management of people and projects.
Successful candidates will:
- Demonstrate a commitment to advancing freedom and the rule of law.
- Think strategically, develop plans of action, and oversee and participate in program execution.
- Exercise excellent discretion, a high level of integrity, and sound judgment.
- Embody a professional reputation, diplomacy, and servant leader attributes.
- Consistently deliver exceptional customer service using a personalized touch.
- Successfully build and maintain relationships and coalitions, and continuously seek to unify and build consensus around fully vetted strategies with leveraged resources.
- Enthusiastically represent the organization at conferences and meetings with a warm and professional tone.
- Be willing to travel 10-30% of the time.
- Exercise attention to detail and exceptional follow-through.
- Be team-oriented, self-motivated, performance-driven, and outgoing.
- Personal knowledge of public interest law firms and allied communities is favored.
About Our Operations and Culture
American Juris Link is a non-partisan, tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. We rely on support from individuals, corporations, and foundations and do not seek or accept government funding. We motivate and reward employees through competitive salaries and opportunities to initiate and own programs. We offer a flexible work environment, health insurance, and a Health Savings Account with a generous match.
Our growing operations rely on the work of employees who work remotely across the country. We collaborate through email, phone, and video conferencing in a family friendly environment. We are performance driven and self-motivated. We inspire each other to grow individually and as an organization, and we celebrate the successes of our colleagues and partners.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter explaining A) your interest in the position, and B) your salary requirements.
- Three professional references with contact information.
- A list or concise/representative summary of your litigation experience, including your role in the case and the outcome (e.g., cases at the trial, appeals, and supreme court levels; legal briefs; oral arguments; other relevant litigation experience).
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.
Talent Market is a nonprofit entity dedicated to promoting liberty by helping free market nonprofits identify talent for critical roles. We provide free consulting and recruiting services to free-market think tanks, policy organizations, research centers, and capacity-building institutions dedicated to advancing the principles of limited government and free enterprise.