- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Communications, Operations
- Location: Virtual
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2021
If you enjoy managing the web development lifecycle from conception to execution, brainstorming innovative solutions to problems, and optimizing processes around the user experience, join our team.
As our next Web Product Manager, you’ll lead the creation of new products and features for Mercatus.org and associated web properties. You’ll also collaborate with designers, developers, marketers, and other team members to ensure all web properties and products support the organization’s overall strategy and goals. To be successful, you must be able to communicate with all areas and levels of the organization and execute at both a strategic and tactical level.
This is a great opportunity for you if you want to deliver results at high levels of responsibility, ownership, and autonomy. You’ll join a flexible team who likes to think outside of the box to get things done and report to the Director of Creative + Product.
- Maintain and monitor our web properties, ensuring consistent functionality, security, and accessibility.
- Set the vision, roadmap, and direction for new web products in tight collaboration with other teams across the organization.
- Manage the Assistant Product Manager and relationships with external web vendors.
- Translate features and updates into clear requirements for developers and provide feedback on completed development work.
- Represent the team and its capabilities and needs clearly to executive leaders and external vendors.
- Evangelize the capabilities and best practices for Mercatus web properties within the organization.
- Monitor and leverage usage and analytics data to glean insights and inform product development. Proactively share these insights with relevant teams and stakeholders.
- 5+ years of web or product management experience, including direct management of people and resources to deliver projects on time and within scope.
- Proficiency in both Drupal and WordPress (a major initial project you will lead is the migration of Mercatus.og from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8).
- Familiarity with WP Engine, Pantheon, or other website hosting platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences and customers.
- Ability to lead and prioritize while collaborating effectively and perform in a team-oriented environment.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, parking/travel benefits, and twelve free credits per year at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.
This job can be virtual.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center’s mission.
You can view our open roles and apply here: https://get.mercatus.org/jobs/