- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Development, Operations
- Contact: email@example.com
- Location: PO Box 3643 Seattle, WA 98124
- Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
The Washington Policy Center (WPC) is seeking an executive assistant to provide high-level, task-oriented administrative support to the President/CEO by assisting in administrative duties, such as preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings with donors, partners, legislators, internal staff and other key contacts, acting as a liaison to WPC’s Board of Directors, and working with the development team on donor stewardship, engagement and assist with fundraising strategy. This is a key position as WPC prepares to implement its new, three-year strategic plan.
WPC is a non-profit, independent, public policy think tank that works to improve the lives of Washington state’s citizens by providing accurate, high-quality and innovative solutions for policymakers, the media and the general public. We have a staff of 20, an annual budget of over $3.9 million, and offices located in Seattle, Olympia and Eastern Washington. We hold approximately 50 events per year ranging from exclusive gatherings of 15-30 people to conferences and lunches for 200- 500 and our annual fundraising gala, the Annual Dinner, with over 2,500 attendees statewide.
- Track immediate and longer-term key actions and to-dos for the President/CEO
- Assist in managing multiple calendars, appointments, travel arrangements and expenses
- Research and conduct data to prepare documents for review and presentations
- Produce and proofread a variety of confidential materials (formal letters, external email correspondence, board and donor announcements, meeting minutes, presentations, background research, etc.)
- Arrange and coordinate meetings with donors, partners, legislators and other key stakeholders
- Represent the CEO as the key point of contact to a thirty-person Board of Directors
- Plan and prepare all board and board committee meetings
- Assist with some of WPC’s 50+ events annually and helps manage small events for stakeholders and key partners as well as staff events
- Other duties include assisting management with a variety of administrative tasks, including database support and materials management, and oversight of special projects as assigned
This job operates in a professional office environment in Seattle and communicates with WPC’s three other offices around the state. This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The work schedule may vary depending on business needs. There may be occasional local day travel and some evening events, as well as 2-3 in-state, overnight trips.
- Prefer minimum of 2 years of administrative experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred OR High School Diploma with equivalent work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of standard office administrative best practices and procedures
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Strong communication skills
- Confidentiality, professionalism and resourcefulness
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate initiative
- Eye for process improvement
- Interest in WPC’s free-market, public policy mission
Salary is DOE. Washington Policy Center provides a generous health insurance package (medical/dental/vision), vacation, sick and family leave, paid holidays, retirement account with a match, Costco membership, and free parking.
How to apply
Applicants should familiarize themselves with Washington Policy Center’s mission and goals. Explore our website at www.washingtonpolicy.org.
After carefully reading the job description, please submit a resume and persuasive cover letter that demonstrate how you meet the specific job qualifications and responsibilities and sincere interest in this position and the mission of the organization. Your application should also include professional references. Submit your application and direct any questions to Braden Goodwin, WPC’s Operations Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.