- Type: Full-Time
- Disciplines: Operations, Outreach
- Location: 11480 Commerce Park Dr, Suite 600 Reston, VA 20191
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
The director of alumni relations will manage and oversee the Young America’s Foundation’s extensive alumni network. The director is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs that strategically engage Foundation alumni and keep them up-to-date on the Foundation’s programs nationwide.
The director will report to the president and work in close collaboration with team members at Young America’s Foundation’s National Headquarters in Reston, Virginia, as well as with those at the Reagan Ranch Center (Santa Barbara, California).
- Maintain and update database of Young America’s Foundation, Young Americans for Freedom, and National Journalism Center alumni and ensure information is communicated to national staff
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni, maintaining regular communication with alumni via direct contact, telephone, email, social media, and publications
- Recruit alumni to attend various Foundation programs nationwide
- Utilize new and traditional outreach and research methods to find alumni, including new media and online resources
- Establish regular communications with the Foundation’s alumni board of directors, including organizing and scheduling annual meetings and other events
- Stay informed of current trends in the Conservative Movement as related to conservative activism
- Educate current Foundation students on the benefits of remaining involved as Foundation alumni
- Organize regular alumni gatherings at the Foundation’s programs, the Reagan Ranch Center, and nationwide
- Write about select Foundation alumni for the website and publications
- Assist with Foundation supporter and student events as needed
- Collaborate with members of the Foundation’s development team to increase alumni support and involvement
- Submit regular reports on alumni activities to the Foundation’s board of directors and other leadership as required
- Create a marketing plan to maximize the participation and engagement of Foundation alumni
The candidate should have relatively recent involvement with Young America’s Foundation and/or Young Americans for Freedom. Other important qualifications include: team-player, ability to manage multiple projects, able to take direction and at the same time work independently. Applicant must have excellent oral, written, and organizational skills. Outstanding copyediting skills are a plus.
Ideal candidates will also have the following qualifications:
- Committed to and enthusiastic about Young America’s Foundation’s mission and programs
- Prior involvement with Young America’s Foundation and/or Young Americans for Freedom
- Excellent communication skills, with an emphasis on writing and copyediting
- Energetic and passionate about the Conservative Movement
- Self-motivated, organized, and flexible
- Ability to work independently
- Willingness to comply with YAF policies, procedures, and practices
- Ability to work as a collaborative, constructive team member
- Bachelor’s degree
Salary will be based on experience and previous salary history.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume outlining the requirements, professional references, and salary history to:
Jessica Jensen, Chief of Staff
Young America’s Foundation
11480 Commerce Park Drive
Reston, Virginia 20191
Incomplete applications (i.e. those suggesting references upon request) will not be considered.