Arlington, VA or Virtual
The budget manager will work closely with the Operations Director and accountant to manage all aspects of the day-to-day execution of SPN’s budget. This position is the first-person staff will contact with finance related questions and issues. The budget manager is expected to master all aspects of SPN’s financial management, able to independently resolve issues, advocate for process improvements, and serve as a bridge between accounting and the rest of the organization.
- Drive the monthly close process to include collecting of all required reports and documents and review of financial statements.
- Manage all changes to the budget throughout the fiscal year to include proper restricted revenue tracking.
- Work closely with the Foundations manager to ensure all financial reporting is accurate and timely.
- Assist in the annual budget construction process.
- Work closely with SPN’s accountant to ensure expenses are properly coded and any issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Monitor expenses across the organization to avoid surprises and identify opportunities.
- Handle the financial aspects of SPN’s benefits to include insurance policies and the retirement plan.
- Manage SPN contracts.
- Manage all business insurance policies.
- Support staff in all financial related areas to include:
- Partner with and coach as necessary individual staff members on the management of their budgets.
- Create and provide ongoing training on quality budget management.
- Resolve questions with compensation.
- Metrics Management
- Work with the Operations Director to build an SPN wide outcomes tracking process.
- 3-5 years relevant experience, ideally in a nonprofit setting.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Basic understanding of accounting.
- Be adept at working with individuals across the organization, including leadership.
- Can handle confidential information such as individual compensation.
- Enjoy working with processes and numbers on a daily basis.
This role can work from home anywhere in the continental United States. Periodic travel is required to meet with other team members.
If you are interested, email your resume and any other relevant information to Brad Gruber at email@example.com.
State Policy Network is seeking a Development Intern to assist our development department at our fast-paced, growing office located in Rosslyn. This position is ideal for a passionate, pro-liberty junior, senior, or recent grad who is looking to learn more about non-profit fund-raising, development and the state-based free market think tank network.
State Policy Network works with our think tank affiliates to cultivate thriving free-market movements in every state that are deeply rooted in and committed to economic & political freedom. The SPN development team works hard to identify new potential donors and cultivate existing relationships with our generous supporters.
- Conduct research and assist with the organization and storage of prospect and donor information into DonorPerfect, SPN’s donor database.
- Help maintain an organized and comprehensive data filing, entry and retrieval system.
- Assisting the development staff in planning donor events and other activities.
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Attend department and staff meetings
- Interest in limited government and free market policy
- Preference in someone with experience working with databases, particularly fundraising programs (DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working in a remote environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Trustworthy, reliable and must possess ability to show discretion pertaining to donor privacy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Send a cover letter and resume to Max Huntley at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15, 2018.