State Policy Network is seeking a Development Intern to assist our development department at our fast-paced, growing office located in Rosslyn. This position is ideal for a passionate, pro-liberty junior, senior, or recent grad who is looking to learn more about nonprofit fundraising and the state-based, free-market think tank network.
State Policy Network works with our think tank affiliates to cultivate thriving free-market movements in every state that are deeply rooted in and committed to economic and political freedom. The SPN development team works hard to identify new potential donors and cultivate existing relationships with our generous supporters. Learn more about SPN’s work here.
The Development Intern will assist with:
- Conduct research and assist with the organization and storage of prospect and donor information into DonorPerfect, SPN’s donor database.
- Help maintain an organized and comprehensive data filing, entry and retrieval system.
- Assist the development staff in planning donor events and other activities.
- Assist with mailings, filing, and special projects as needed
- Prepare reports and presentations for internal and external use.
- Attend department and staff meetings
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Interest in limited government and free market policy
- Preference in someone with experience working with databases, particularly fundraising programs (DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge)
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working in a remote environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Positive, goal-oriented outlook
- Willingness to learn and provide assistance as necessary
- Trustworthy, reliable and must possess ability to show discretion pertaining to donor privacy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Please send a cover letter and resume to Max Huntley (email@example.com) by December 15, 2017.