Are you passionate about improving the lives of everyday Americans through state-based policies that will lead to a stronger economy, increased jobs, more education options, and greater personal freedom? Do you want to advance your career while working on state solutions that have a national impact?
The Generation Liberty Fellowship (GLF) is a competitive program that connects young professionals to the network of freedom-loving experts and industry leaders whose work has fueled free-market victories in the states. The GLF program forges these connections by hosting participants at the SPN Annual Meeting.
Apply for the Generation Liberty Fellowship Program to participate in this special event. Participants will learn about specific topics and issues, collaborate on best practices, evaluate lessons learned, and share strategies that promote policies for a stronger economy and a freer society. In addition, as a GLF participant you will grow your peer network of young professionals, harness new skills in various disciplines, and receive additional resources to advance your career!
State Policy Network 25th Annual Meeting
San Antonio, TX
August 28-September 1, 2017
Applications for the 2017 Generation Liberty Fellowship program are now open. If you have any questions, please contact Katie Vernuccio at email@example.com.
Why attend the SPN Annual Meeting as a Generation Liberty Fellow?
- Pursue your interest in working for liberty at the state and local level.
- Exposure to breadth of opportunities available in the non-profit community.
- Meet and network with more than 800 talented, like-minded people.
- Participate in interactive workshops and receive professional coaching in career sessions.
- Learn more about various state policy issues and solutions, as well as successes and challenges across the country.
- Receive tips and tools from experts in Development, Outreach, Communications, Policy, Leadership, and Operations.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be over 21 years old, and under 30 years old, by August 28.
- Have 0-5 years of work experience in policy or non-profit sector.
- Demonstrate an interest in working for or collaborating with SPN affiliate organizations located across the country.
- Express an interest in a career advancing policies that will lead to a stronger economy and a freer society.
- All applicants selected to participate must attend all of the conference, arriving Monday, August 28, and departing Friday, September 1.
Applicants will be given special consideration if they are:
- A young professional who has recently graduated or completed a professional degree.
- Have never attended an Annual Meeting (either as a GLF participant or general attendee).
- A former employee at an SPN affiliate or associate organization.
- A current or former intern of an SPN affiliate or associate organization.
- A current or former Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow (KSFP).
- An active member or alum of Adam Smith Society, America’s Future Foundation, American Enterprise Institute, Bastiat Society, Benjamin Rush Society, Charles Koch Institute, Federalist Society, Foundation for Economic Education, The Franklin Center, The Fund for American Studies, Heritage Foundation, Independent Institute, Intercollegiate Studies Institute/Collegiate Network, Institute for Humane Studies, Leadership Institute, Liberty on the Rocks, Mercatus Center, Network of Enlightened Women, Student Free Press Association, Students for Liberty, TurningPointUSA, Young America’s Foundation, or Young Americans for Liberty.
Applications must be submitted to SPN by 11:59 pm EST, Friday, May 26. Applicants will be notified of their status on a rolling basis by Friday, June 16.
Selected participants’ travel arrangements must be booked and confirmed with SPN’s travel coordinator by a specified deadline. If travel plans are not made on or before that deadline, space may be awarded to another applicant.
What Generation Liberty Fellows receive to attend the SPN Annual Meeting:
- Travel to attend the conference, arranged by SPN staff.
- Double- or triple-occupancy lodging (room and tax only).
- Registration for the Annual Meeting, which includes meals and receptions.
- GLF specific program sessions and training.
- A small stipend for incidentals.
Note: SPN will coordinate transportation and room reservations for all participants. Participants must fulfill basic participation requirements (described below) to receive stipend.
Those selected for the program agree to attend:
- GLF-specific program and training Monday and Tuesday, August 28-29, 2017.
- Pre-selected Annual Meeting program sessions.
- All program meals while at the event.
- Closing session, and complete a post-event survey.
If you have any questions, please contact Katie Vernuccio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you looking to reconnect with free-market state think tank leaders? Is your current employer not planning to attend or send a representative to the State Policy Network 25th Annual Meeting? Are you looking for new opportunities in the SPN community? If so, we encourage you to apply for a Generation Liberty Fellow Alumni Scholarship. Full and partial scholarships are available to help defray the cost for GLF Alumni to attend the Annual Meeting who otherwise would not be able to participate.
“Still new to this movement, SPN gave me an introduction to the scope of influence we, as state think tanks, have. I left Annual Meeting with a renewed inspiration in the movement and confidence in my current abilities, as well as my weaknesses that can be made stronger. My favorite part was participating in the Generation Liberty Fellowship program, which is designed for young professionals in the liberty movement to interact and share the experience together. GLF gave me the environment to connect with other liberty-minded people my age, providing me with a community of friends and a network I’m confident I will use for the rest of my career.” – Jamie Bennett, Communications Associate at Texas Public Policy Foundation (GLF 2016)