State Policy Network 26th Annual Meeting
Salt Lake City, UT
October 8-12, 2018
Do you want to advance your career while working on state-based policy solutions that will create real and lasting positive change for American families, workers, and communities? Explore new career paths, establish connections within the free-market network, and broaden your skillset through the Generation Liberty Fellowship Program.
The competitive Generation Liberty Fellowship Program provides young professionals with travel, lodging, and a stipend to participate in State Policy Network’s 26th Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City, UT on October 8-12, 2018. SPN’s Annual Meeting is the premier gathering of organizations and people dedicated to promoting state policy solutions that strengthen communities and improve the lives of Americans. Each year, 1,300 attendees representing state-based and state-focused organizations gather at SPN’s Annual Meeting to be inspired, discover and develop new strategies, and network.
This program is open to applicants between the ages of 21-30 years old who have 0-5 years of work experience. As a participant, you will learn about the policy solutions that are empowering workers, families, and communities and harness new skills from a range of professional disciplines, including leadership, operations, communications, fundraising, policy, and government affairs. And, you will get to meet and learn from executive leaders and senior-level professionals representing a variety of states, organizations, and disciplines.
Please read below for all program information and eligibility requirements. Applications for the 2018 Generation Liberty Fellowship will open in April 2018. If you have questions, please contact Katie Vernuccio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is this program for?
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be over 21 years old, and under 30 years old, by August 28.
- Have 0-5 years of work experience in policy or non-profit sector.
- Demonstrate an interest in working for or collaborating with SPN affiliate organizations located across the country.
- Express an interest in a career advancing policies that will lead to a stronger economy and a freer society.
- All applicants selected to participate must attend all of the conference, arriving Monday, October 8, and departing Friday, October 12.
Applicants will be given special consideration if they are:
- A young professional who has recently graduated or completed a professional degree.
- Have never attended an Annual Meeting (either as a GLF participant or general attendee).
- A former employee at an SPN affiliate or associate organization.
- A current or former intern of an SPN affiliate or associate organization.
- A current or former Charles G. Koch Summer Fellow (KSFP).
- An active member or alum of Adam Smith Society, America’s Future Foundation, American Enterprise Institute, Bastiat Society, Benjamin Rush Society, Charles Koch Institute, Federalist Society, Foundation for Economic Education, The Franklin Center, The Fund for American Studies, Heritage Foundation, Independent Institute, Intercollegiate Studies Institute/Collegiate Network, Institute for Humane Studies, Leadership Institute, Liberty on the Rocks, Mercatus Center, Network of Enlightened Women, Student Free Press Association, Students for Liberty, TurningPointUSA, Young America’s Foundation, or Young Americans for Liberty.
What is included in the Fellowship?
- Travel to attend the conference, arranged by SPN staff.
- Double- or triple-occupancy lodging (room and tax only).
- Registration for the Annual Meeting, which includes meals and receptions.
- GLF specific program sessions and training.
- A small stipend for incidentals.
Note: SPN will coordinate transportation and room reservations for all participants. Selected participants’ travel arrangements must be booked and confirmed with SPN’s travel coordinator by a specified deadline. If travel plans are not made on or before that deadline, space may be awarded to another applicant. Participants must fulfill basic participation requirements (described below) to receive stipend.
Those selected for the program agree to attend:
- GLF-specific program and training Monday and Tuesday, October 8-9, 2018.
- Pre-selected Annual Meeting program sessions.
- All program meals while at the event.
- Closing session and complete a post-event survey.
Are you looking to reconnect with free-market state think tank leaders? Is your current employer not planning to attend or send a representative to the 26th SPN Annual Meeting? Are you looking for new opportunities in the SPN community? If so, we encourage you to apply for a Generation Liberty Fellow Alumni Scholarship. Full and partial scholarships are available to help defray the cost for GLF Alumni to attend the Annual Meeting who otherwise would not be able to participate.