- About the Fellowship
- Apply for the Fellowship
- Fellowship Benefits
- SPN’s Annual Meeting
Accelerate Your Success, Make a Difference
Are you a rising nonprofit leader with a vision for making a difference in your state? Whether your passion is for increasing education opportunities for all students, or expanding access to quality, affordable healthcare, or finding ways to break down barriers to employment and economic growth, the Generation Liberty Fellowship program can help you make a difference and grow as a leader.
The Generation Liberty Fellowship (GLF) is open to all young professionals working to solve problems in their states, whether it's working at a state think tank, within the broader freedom movement, or in the private sector. Past fellows have come from a wide range of fields, including academia, tech, medicine, finance, marketing, and more.
The Fellowship brings together individuals seeking to address the challenges in the states from a wide variety of perspectives and efforts, such as grassroots activists, public interest litigators, professionals working in single-issue advocacy organizations, and individuals addressing issues through community-based organizations.
If you are a rising leader with a vision for making a difference in your state, the GLF program is the opportunity you cannot miss to advance your goals and grow as a leader. The program will give you:
Access to successful state-based solutions – SPN’s Annual Meeting is the place where leaders from across the country learn from one another about reforms that are working in the states and how to take those ideas back to their own communities.
Insights into emerging opportunities and trends – Expert-led sessions will break down issue-specific trends and how they affect opportunities and strategies for state organizations, leaders, and aspiring leaders.
Best practices across professional disciplines – Get up to speed on professional approaches and perspectives that will take your efforts to the next level, all presented in a practical manner with the busy professional in mind.
Connections from all 50 states – It’s not just networking. Through the Fellowship you’ll establish meaningful relationships with peers and potential mentors from across the country—leaders who share your passion and whose experience can help you reach your goals and overcome obstacles.
Learn more about SPN's Annual Meeting.
Apply for the 2023 Generation Liberty Fellowship
The 2023 Generation Liberty Fellowship application is now open.
The deadline to complete your application is May 10, 2023.
The Fellowship gave me practical tools and resources to bring back to my organization and ultimately be more effective in advancing freedom in my state. The opportunity to develop relationships with the future presidents and directors of nonprofits and think tanks is an invaluable resource! ~Jeremiah Martin
Generation Liberty Fellows (GLF) receive a stipend to cover attendance, travel expenses, and full access to SPN’s 31st Annual Meeting—the country's premier gathering of organizations and people dedicated to promoting state and local policy solutions that strengthen communities and improve the lives of all Americans.
The Fellowship also includes exclusive sessions tailored for rising leaders and post-event, year-round access to SPN's professional development resources and a community of state-based leaders and experts.
In addition to the full Annual Meeting program, Fellows have access to exclusive pre-event sessions tailored just for rising leaders, including:
- Leadership and professional development training, designed to sharpen the skills you need to have meaningful impact and continue growing as a leader.
- Private discussions about the most pressing issues facing states today and the solutions currently being implemented at the state level.
- Keynote remarks and sessions about how to create a compelling case for liberty and better communicate policy solutions.
- Invitation-only networking sessions.
Included in the Fellowship:
- Travel to attend SPN's Annual Meeting (to be arranged by SPN staff) on August 27-31, 2023, in Chicago, IL.
- Lodging (room and tax only) at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile.
- Event registration costs, including meals and receptions.
- Exclusive program sessions and training designed for Fellowship participants.
- Access to the Fellowship alumni network of 600+ leaders across the country who have gone on to start nonprofits, work in a range of roles at state and national organizations, work in government, or build careers in a variety of private sector industries.
- Ongoing access to SPN's leadership and professional development resources and a community of state-based leaders and experts.
- Opportunities to apply for scholarships for future SPN Annual Meetings.
The Fellowship offered an experience that was beyond compare. As a young professional who was relatively new to the Network, I greatly appreciated the opportunity to connect with folks in a similar position and to learn from other attendees and the tremendous wealth of experience which they brought. Coming from a small think tank, the Fellowship and Network have truly benefited my personal development, but our entire team, as I bring back countless ideas and strengths for success.
Fellowship Eligibility and Criteria
More About SPN's Annual Meeting
States are leading the way when it comes to developing and enacting reforms that improve Americans’ quality of life and meet the healthcare, education, and employment needs in our communities. The best ideas for how states can achieve lasting, positive change will be showcased at SPN's Annual Meeting.
SPN’s Annual Meeting brings together hundreds of organizations and people dedicated to promoting state policy solutions that strengthen communities and improve the lives of Americans.
At Annual Meeting you can:
- Access the wisdom of over 1,400 people: policy and professional specialists from 325+ organizations, top-notch speakers, and many industry experts.
- Build relationships with leaders and future collaborators from across the states.
- Connect with like-minded peers to refine your professional strategies and encourage each other's growth.
- Build essential career skills by choosing from sessions on leadership, community outreach, effective communications, and many other topics.
- Discover the policy solutions that are empowering workers, families, and communities and the emerging ideas that are shaping the future of healthcare, education, the economy, and more.
The Generation Liberty Fellowship provided me with an opportunity to experience all of the groundbreaking work happening in states all across the county. The chance to meet the people behind some of our movements best accomplishments and the opportunity to connect with other young, liberty-minded professionals was invaluable.
Generation Liberty Alumni Scholarships
Scholarships to attend SPN's Annual Meeting are open to all alumni of the Generation Liberty Fellowship Program. Scholarships are available to help defray the cost for GLF Alumni to attend the Annual Meeting who otherwise would not be able to participate.
This opportunity is open to all alumni of the Generation Liberty Fellowship. The deadline to submit an application is May 10, 2023.
Please contact Heather Pfitzenmaier at email@example.com if you have any questions.
What if my organization only works on one issue area?
SPN’s Annual Meeting offers dozens of sessions on a variety of policy and professional topics. Even if your expertise or interest is limited to a specific area, you will find plenty of content and contacts to make it worth your time.
Should I apply if I can only attend part of Annual Meeting?
The Fellowship requires all participants attend the entire conference. If you are unable to attend the entire program, reach out to Heather Pfitzenmaier at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific situation to see if you are able to fulfill the Fellowship requirements. If you’re only able to attend one or two days, one-day passes are available at a discounted rate.
Should I apply if I have never worked in the freedom movement?
Yes, we welcome Fellows from all professional backgrounds and disciplines. Past Fellows have come from a variety of career paths in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors.
Is there a way for former GLF Alumni to attend Annual Meeting?
Of course! How else would we host our annual GLF Alumni reception? We encourage our alumni to attend SPN's Annual Meeting and apply for a Generation Liberty Fellow Alumni Scholarship. More information on SPN's 2023 Annual Meeting and scholarships opportunities for GLF Alumni will be posted soon.
Who should I contact for more information?
For questions and additional information, please contact Heather Pfitzenmaier (email@example.com).