- Type: Full-Time
- Discipline: Communications
- Contact: Drg@pacificlegal.org
Pacific Legal Foundation—the nation’s leading public-interest legal organization devoted to advancing individual rights and economic freedom—seeks an energetic and enterprising individual to join our communications team as social media manager to develop and execute a strategy that positions PLF as a major voice in all major social media networks.
PLF maintains offices in Sacramento, California; Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; Bellevue, Washington, and Arlington, Virginia. The successful candidate for this position may choose one of these locations, or work virtually.
PLF, with a long, distinguished record of achievement in the freedom space, is expanding its national reach and visibility. This new position is integral to our success in amplifying our voice in social media channels as America’s most powerful courtroom ally for justice. The social media manager will chart our strategic social media course and drive the efforts of our legal, communications and development teams in effective engagement on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and other popular channels.
The ideal candidate for this position lives and breathes social media, intuitively knows how to stimulate online discussion and possesses an unbridled passion for strategically exploiting all aspects of the social media marketing roadmap.
• Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
• Set up and optimize PLF pages within each platform to increase the visibility of our social content.
• Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community.
• Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
• Collaborate with PLF graphic design staff to produce highly appealing and engaging visual elements for all social media channels.
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, then acting on the information and sharing it with other social media users.
• Build and maintain social media relationships with allied organizations in the pro-freedom space.
• Proven working experience in social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
• A solid understanding of how each social media channel works and how to optimize content so that
it is engaging on those channels
• Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
• Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
• Knowledge of web design, web development, CRO and SEO
• Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
This is a full-time, permanent position. We offer a competitive salary, health and dental benefits, and retirement plan. PLF has a collaborative and collegial work environment. We take pride in investing in the future of our talent and encouraging internal advancement. PLF is the place for someone principled, tenacious, and determined to succeed in establishing a rule of law under which every person is secure in their inalienable rights to live responsibly and productively in pursuit of happiness.
This job can be virtual.